When creating online content, marketers should keep in mind that “unlike most marketing efforts, content marketing isn’t primarily about driving sales”. Indeed, online content is aimed at building relationships with consumers to ultimately transform them into customers. When building a relationship, it is important to use the most effective methods possible so potential customers are interacting with the brand on a regular basis.
Through this article, Egluu guides you through the small steps businesses should take to improve their online content marketing strategy.
Type of online content marketing
Engaging your audience can be done through the use of different types of content marketing:
- Blog Posts
- Email Newsletters
- Social Media Posts
To address your audience in the most effective way, the first thing to ask yourself is “ What media formats does my readership share the most? Which one drives the most responses?” You can even take it a step further and analyze the style and the tone that engage the most your audience.
Provide high-value content assets
Regardless of the content publication nature, the content strategy should be structured around your readership. This is where the value creation takes on its full meaning. While it used to be possible to publish just about anything entertaining, today people wants to get a bigger benefit for the time they spend reading your content. It is consequently required to discover what types of problems your customers encounter, and to use content marketing to provide them with solutions. In order to be effective, marketers should be able to give customers what they need and to create content that appeals to their audience. This is what content marketing should be all about.
When done properly, content marketing can prove to be the most powerful and effective type of marketing. Indeed, it has the ability to create a customer base that is not only loyal, but will also help the company with word of mouth advertising. With the right push, ingenious content will almost always foster and generate social sharing. To make your online content shareable, it is recommended to:
- Make their design visually appealing.
- Provide online content that is emotionally compelling, educational, useful, and/or just simply adds unique value to the industry.
- Make it easy for your visitors to share your content –the social buttons must be very visible on key pages of your site.
In order for your content to work as a timeless draw for traffic to your platforms, it is essential to understand that you need to remain indexed in Google for as long as possible, by creating unique, well-researched and topical content. While implementing the content marketing strategy, marketers should therefore consider:
- SEO – Think about the terms and keywords that you would use to search for similar content, and be sure to include these in the body and headers of your online content.
- Theming – Be aware of trending subjects and write to reflect current hot topics, which are likely to generate new traffic to your site.
- Expertise – Use online content marketing to demonstrate your cutting-edge knowledge of the marketplace. If your content lacks direction and authority, chances are people won’t be too interested in what you have to say.
Inspire interaction – Remember the viral and share-potential of online content marketing. Inspire people to interact with your content and to share it. To do so, it is recommended to plan your content based on the smaller actions you would like your audience to take.
For instance: Get shared, Drive Comments, Attract Leads, Make Sales, …